Terms & Conditions
REEL REWARDS MEMBER AGREEMENT
Welcome to the Reel Rewards. Reel Rewards (“Reel Rewards” or “Program”) is a loyalty program brought to you by VSS-Southern Theatres, LLC (collectively “we,” “us,” “our,” “ours,” or “VSS-Southern Theatres”). This Agreement (“Agreement”) contains terms and conditions that govern your participation in the Reel Rewards program. By purchasing a membership in Reel Rewards, the purchaser or user (“you,” “your,” “yours,” or “Member”) is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations, and requirements of this Agreement, as periodically amended. Please review this Agreement closely.
- Agreement and Changes to Agreement. This Agreement may be found at MyReelRewards.com. You may also secure a copy from a VSS-Southern Theatres representative by calling 1-877-270-1133. VSS-Southern Theatres reserves the right in its sole discretion to change this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time without advance notice, including, without limitation, the value of rewards earned before or after the changes. Changes will be effective upon posting on www.MyReelRewards.com. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates and changes in this Agreement at www.MyReelRewards.com. Any changes made to this Agreement will apply to all Members, including Members enrolled before the changes were made.
Member Account Information. In order to ensure the proper delivery of rewards, you must submit and maintain
accurate and complete user information in your Reel Rewards Member profile, including your current name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number. You may change and update
that information by
- updating your Member profile data at www.MyReelRewards.com,
- contacting Guest Services at any participating Grand or AmStar theatre in the United States, or
- calling Guest Services at 1-877-270-1133. VSS-Southern Theatres disclaims all liability for correspondence, mail, or e-mail that is lost, delayed, or misdirected.
- Advertising and Opt Out. Members participating in the Reel Rewards program will receive advertising, marketing materials, messages, and other Real Rewards communications, unless expressly disallowed in the Member’s profile preferences. If at any time you want to stop receiving messages and materials from Reel Rewards, you can opt out in the Member profile preferences at www.MyReelRewards.com, call VSS-Southern Theatres’ customer service department at 1-877-270-1133, or send VSS-Southern Theatres your opt-out request in writing to Privacy Manager, VSS-Southern Theatres, LLC, 935 Gravier St., Suite 1200, New Orleans, LA 70112.
- Membership Qualifications. Membership is valid only at participating Grand and AmStar theatres in the United States. Membership is only open to individuals 13 years of age and older who reside in the United States. VSS-Southern Theatres does not knowingly collect information about individuals under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian or other person and become aware of information collected from an individual under 13 years of age, please contact VSS-Southern Theatres immediately at 1-877-270-1133. Employees of VSS-Southern Theatres, Cornerstone Marketing and Advertising, Vista Group, and family members of such employees (or people living in the same household whether related or not) are not eligible to join Reel Rewards. Corporations, partnerships, organizations, and other entities are not eligible for membership. Membership is limited to one account per natural person.
- Transfers of Memberships and Rewards. Memberships, earned rewards, and points (i) cannot be transferred, (ii) have no cash value, (iii) may not be purchased or sold, and (iv) are not redeemable for cash under any circumstances. Accrued rewards do not constitute property of the Member, nor are accrued rewards transferable by the Member upon death, divorce, dissolution, or for any other reason or purpose. Rewards and other benefits of the Program may be taxable to the Member where required by law. Rewards may not be used toward the purchase of Grand or AmStar theatre gift cards and other ineligible products.
- Disqualification and Termination of Members. VSS-Southern Theatres reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without advance notice, to disqualify you from membership or further participation in the Reel Rewards Program if, in the sole judgment of VSS-Southern Theatres, you (i) violate or may violate the terms of this Agreement, (ii) engage in any fraud or abuse relating to the accrual of rewards or redemption of rewards, (iii) misrepresent any information supplied by you to Southern Theatres, (iv) abuse the Program; (v) engage in or threaten acts or omissions that may be harmful to, or damage the interests of, VSS-Southern Theatres; (vi) allow your membership number to be used by third parties; or (vii) solicit rewards from other Members. Upon disqualification, you will forfeit your right to accrue rewards and use previously accrued rewards, and your membership will be terminated. In addition, VSS-Southern Theatres reserves the right to take appropriate legal action to remedy any fraud you may have committed and to recover damages, attorneys’ fees and court costs from you under applicable law.
- Voluntary Termination of Membership. Members may discontinue their membership at any time. If a Member cancels her or his Membership, she or he will not be entitled to any refund of the membership fee for the membership term during which such cancellation occurs. Members who cancel voluntarily may not reactivate their account but are eligible to open a new account without the benefit of the previously accumulated rewards balance.
- Cancelling the Program or All Rewards. We may, at any time with or without notice, cancel the Program, or change any or all of the rewards available under the Program. If we terminate the Program, we may, in our sole discretion, either maintain your membership benefits until expiration of the current term or refund a pro rata portion of the membership fee for the remaining portion of the current one-year term.
- Usernames and Passwords. Members may be provided with usernames, passwords, or other codes or devices to gain access to restricted portions of the website, www.MyReelRewards.com. Each Member is solely responsible for the safekeeping, use, and maintenance of the confidentiality of his or her own password, username, or other code. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold VSS-Southern Theatres harmless from and against any liability or damages it may incur as the result of the improper or unauthorized use of your username, password, or other code.
- Lost or Stolen Membership Card. You are responsible for promptly notifying VSS-Southern Theatres if your membership card is lost or stolen. You may provide such notice to an employee at a VSS-Southern Theatres box office or to a VSS-Southern Theatres representative by calling Member Services at 1-877-270-1133. You will be liable for any transactions that occur with your membership card before the card is reported lost or stolen, and any unauthorized reward redemptions will not be credited back to your account. VSS-Southern Theatres is not responsible for the use, accrual, or redemption of rewards and perks from an account that has been used without the Member’s permission. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold VSS-Southern Theatres harmless from and against any liability or damages it may incur as the result of the improper or unauthorized use of your membership card.
- Contests and Sweepstakes. Members may from time to time be eligible for sweepstakes, contests, or other similar promotions. Participation in such events will be subject to the terms, conditions, and rules published at the time of such event, as well as applicable state laws.
- Membership Term, Fees, and Renewal. The membership term is one (1) year, beginning on the date of purchase of the membership. The membership fee is currently ten dollars ($10) per year. There are three ways to renew. For all renewals, a virtual coupon for a free small popcorn and a free small fountain drink will be issued to your account 24 hours from time of purchase. Each Member will have the option, via www.MyReelRewards.com, of automatically renewing his or her membership by authorizing VSS-Southern Theatres to charge the Member’s credit card at the end of the term. An automatic renewal will extend membership for one additional year, beginning on the day after the previous term ends. Members can also purchase a renewal directly at each theatre or online at www.MyReelRewards.com. Members who do not elect to automatically renew their membership will have a 30-day grace period after the end of their current term to renew their membership. During this grace period, eligible Members will not be able to redeem rewards; however, they will not be able to redeem rewards. If after the 30-day grace period no renewal has occurred, the Member’s account will be reset to $0.00 and no balance will be carried forward. Rewards dollars may not be applied towards annual membership fees. VSS-Southern Theatres reserves the right to change the membership fee at any time, but changes will apply only to new and renewal memberships. Membership and renewal fees are nonrefundable. You will not lose any time on your membership by renewing early, and you will maintain the same card and account number when you renew.
Rewards Dollars. You earn 1 Rewards Point per dollar on approved purchases made at participating
VSS-Southern Theatres. Once your point balance reaches 100 you will receive $10 in virtual Rewards Dollars that can be spent at the theatre.
Reward dollars when earned will expire in 60 days. Members will not receive credit for purchases exceeding $100 per day per account.
The rewards dollars will appear in the Member’s account on www.MyReelRewards.com.
- Members can not earn or redeem rewards dollars for the purchase of Alcoholic Beverages.
Purchases Not Eligible for Rewards Dollars. The following purchases and payments are not eligible toward
earning Rewards Dollars.
- Purchases and Redemption of Royal Tickets are not eligible for rewards dollars at Grand or AmStar theatres.
- Purchases made when using a free box office pass or concession offer.
- Initial purchases of gift cards. (Gift cards may be used to earn rewards upon redemption.)
- Payments of auditorium or theatre rental fees.
- Tickets or concessions purchased for a group or organization auditorium buyout.
- Ticket or concession purchases that are refunded.
- Purchases made at a sublet space within a Grand or AmStar theatre.
- Any item or portion of an item that is purchased using rewards dollars.
- Charitable donations made to, or charitable products sold at, Grand or AmStar theatres.
- Reel Rewards membership and renewal fees.
- Surcharges or fees accessed by online retailer(s) for the purchase of goods and services such as movie tickets are not eligible to earn rewards dollars.
- Fee assessed for Birthday Parties.
- Summer Kids Flicks (SKF) ticket purchases.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Redemption of Reel Reward fulfillment tickets.
Accrual and Redemption of Rewards Dollars. You may redeem rewards only at participating VSS-Southern Theatres
locations in the United States by
- (1) presenting your membership card in connection with a purchase and
- (2) notifying the VSS-Southern Theatres employee at the time and point of sale that you want to redeem the rewards.
*To look up an account by phone number, the account holder must present a valid ID with the registered account holder’s name; the account must have been registered online at least 24 hours earlier. Phone number look-ups are available to accrue rewards dollars but a physical Reel Rewards card is required to redeem reward dollars.
- Concession Upgrades. Members will receive free upgrades (small to medium or medium to large) on fountain drinks and popcorn purchased at concession stands. The upgrade does not apply to purchases of other goods or foods at concession stands, nor does it apply to upgrades other than small to medium or medium to large. Instant Reward coupons, promotional offers, combination offers, and premium collectible purchases are not included in, and are not eligible for, free upgrades, nor may free upgrades be combined with any other promotion or combo offer.
- Membership Purchase Rewards. Upon purchasing a membership, the new Member account will be credited a virtual coupon for a free small popcorn and free small fountain drink. This reward is not upgradable and expires 60 days from the activation of the card.
- Referral of New Members. Members who refer others to the Reel Rewards program may earn rewards dollars. One reward dollar will be added to the referring Member’s account balance for each new Member referred by such Member. In order to receive this reward, the Member must enter the referral in the “Refer-a-Friend” portion of www.MyReelRewards.com, together with the referred person’s address. The referred person will thereafter receive a referral code by email and must enter the referral code when purchasing a membership and registering online. The referral code must be entered at the time of registration and cannot be added to an account after a Member has already registered.
- Birthday Reward. Each Member with a registered account will receive a $5.00 virtual reward dollars on their birthday. This reward will expire in 30 days. Only the primary account holder is eligible for this perk. Information on the birthday reward will be sent to the Member’s email address. The Member must claim and activate the birthday reward upon receipt. VSS-Southern Theatres may modify the birthday reward at any time without notification.
Certain Conditions on Adjustments and Redemptions. The following conditions apply to redemptions.
- Manual Adjustments. Members must present receipts or ticket stubs for all manual adjustments made by theatre managers or the corporate office. No more than four manual adjustments will be allowed per Member in a single calendar year. Manual adjustments will only be made within 30 calendar days of the date of the Member’s original purchase.
- Rewards May Be Redeemed Only in Future Transactions. Rewards may not be used or redeemed as a part of the same transaction in which the reward was earned. Rewards may only be redeemed in future transactions during the term of the Program, subject to all of the conditions of this Agreement.
- Active Account Is Required to Earn or Redeem Rewards. In order to earn or redeem rewards, a Member’s account must be registered at www.MyReelRewards.com and available at the time of purchase or redemption. Members will not be credited or reimbursed retroactively for purchases made without an active and available account at the time of purchase or redemption. Registration may take up to 24 hours to update in the system.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability. The following disclaimer and limitations of liability apply to
- YOUR USE OF THE VSS-Southern Theatres REEL REWARDS PROGRAM AND ANY OF ITS ASSOCIATED BENEFITS AND REWARDS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE MEMBERSHIP REWARDS AND BENEFITS ARE PROVIDED ONLY ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
VSS-Southern Theatres AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY “MEMBERSHIP
- EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
- MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE REEL REWARDS PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE REEL REWARDS PROGRAM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR RECEIVED BY YOU FROM YOUR USE OF THE REEL REWARDS MEMBER PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
- SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE REEL REWARDS PROGRAM OR ANY BENEFITS OR REWARDS THEREOF; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO VIA THE USE OF THE REEL REWARDS PROGRAM; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF MEMBER’S REEL REWARDS PROGRAM DATA, MEMBERSHIP CARD, OR ACCOUNTS; OR (iv) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE REEL REWARDS PROGRAM. VSS-Southern Theatres LIABILITY TO MEMBERS AND OTHER USERS OF THE PROGRAM SHALL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE MEMBERSHIP FEES PAID BY THE MEMBER.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Prohibited Actions. You may not do any of the following on, through, or in any way in connection with the
website www.MyReelRewards.com or any of its connected or affiliated sites or pages (“the Site”):
- Upload, post, transmit, or submit any information or material that (i) contains software viruses, code or files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (ii) is defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, abusive, threatening to others, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, or constitutes stalking; (iii) infringes the patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right to privacy, or other intellectual property right of any third party; (iv) violates any state, federal, or international law;
- harm minors in any way;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site and Services provided by the Site;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- violate or infringe any of our trademarks, copyrights, or proprietary or intellectual property;
- link to the Site without our express written consent, which is subject to such terms and conditions as we may establish, incorporate any content from the Site into your website (e.g., by inlining or framing), use any of our trademarks, works of authorship, or copyrighted materials, or use any words or codes identifying the Site in any “meta tag,” information used by search engines, or information used by location tools to identify and select websites;
- violate or breach any provision of this Agreement or engage in prohibited actions, as described below;
- copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code or software used in connection with the Site or obtain unauthorized access to the Site;
- use any content or other information on the Site, in whole or in part, to create a likelihood of confusion, to misrepresent any fact, or to deceive others in any form or by any means;
- copy, modify, reuse, rent, lease, distribute, republish, retransmit, sell, lend, assign, or transfer any content of the Site;
- access the Site by any means other than through the interface provided by us, or
- remove any copyright notice, trademark notice, or other proprietary notice from any content you download or otherwise receive from or through the Site.
- Intellectual Property. All content on www.MyReelRewards.com and its connected or affiliated sites or pages (“the Site”), including without limitation all algorithms, techniques, methods, software, and know-how related thereto, is owned or licensed by VSS-Southern Theatres and is subject to copyright, trademark, and other federal and state laws relating to intellectual property. No content of the Site may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold, without VSS-Southern Theatres’ prior written consent or the consent of our licensors and licensees. Any unauthorized use of the content of the Site or violation of this provision is a material breach of this Agreement and may be a violation of applicable law. Nothing in this Agreement constitutes or may be construed as transferring or licensing any intellectual property rights to you, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise. VSS-Southern Theatres will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
- Third-Party Services. We may use, provide access to, or suggest the use of third-party services in connection with the operation of the Site, the provision of services to you, or other activities connected with the Site. We are not responsible for the activities, actions, policies, privacy policies, operations, terms of service, or other acts or omissions of such third parties or any changes made or instituted by such third parties. You are responsible and agree to be solely responsible for learning and determining the acceptability of all such third-party activities, actions, policies, privacy policies, operations, terms of service, acts, or omissions, and any changes made or instituted by such third parties.
- Binding Arbitration. Unless specifically permitted to the contrary in this Agreement, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any breach hereof) or the Reel Rewards Program shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules (including without limitation the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes), and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated with any claim or controversy of any other party. The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure shall apply to the conduct of, and discovery in, arbitration. The foregoing shall not preclude VSS-Southern Theatres from seeking any injunctive relief in State or Federal courts for protection of its intellectual property rights (including such rights of its licensors).
General Terms. The following additional terms apply to this Agreement.
- Assignment. You may not assign the benefit or obligation of this Agreement. VSS-Southern Theatres may assign this Agreement and your Reel Rewards account.
- Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties, their heirs, legal representatives, affiliates, successors, related parties, and assigns.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Southern Theatres with regard to the Reel Rewards Program, superseding any prior agreements between the parties.
- Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement, and the respective rights and obligations of the parties hereunder, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana without regard to conflict of law principles.
- Waiver and Severability of Terms. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Validity. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, it is agreed that the court should endeavor to give effect to the Agreement unless the invalidity destroys the objects of this Agreement.
- Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim, arbitration, or cause of action arising out of or related to this Agreement or the use or services provided by www.MyReelRewards (or its connected or affiliated sites or pages) must be commenced within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- Notices. We may give notice to you through general posting on the Site, via postal notification, or via e-mail notification. You may give notice to us via our Contact Us form on www.MyReelRewards.com.
- Delay and Course of Dealing. No delay in exercising, no course of dealing with respect to, and no partial exercise of any right or remedy under this Agreement constitutes a waiver of any other right or remedy, or future exercise thereof.
- Construction. The section and paragraph titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not affect its interpretation. The terms of this Agreement are to be construed as singular, plural, masculine, feminine, or neuter as context requires.
935 Gravier St., Suite 1200
New Orleans, LA 70112